Knowledge
of the target market- I have first-hand experience with both of the main target
markets, college students and young professionals, which gives me insight into
what they want from an app like this.
Valuable- yes
Rare- no
Inimitable- no
Non-substitutable- no
Connections
to IT workers (for app development)- I have many friends who are currently
working in coding or designing apps, which would be valuable when conducting
app development.
Valuable- yes
Rare- no
Inimitable- no
Non-substitutable- no
Experience
in marketing to millennials- my current job of director of campus operations
for Study Edge gives me valuable experience in how an established company
markets to millennials.
Valuable- yes
Rare- yes
Inimitable- no
Non-substitutable- yes
Organization-
I am very organized, which allows me to juggle a wide range of responsibilities
without compromising quality in them.
Valuable- yes
Rare- no
Inimitable- no
Non-substitutable- no
Time
Management- This trait allows me to accomplish a long list of obligations in a
short period of time.
Valuable- yes
Rare- no
Inimitable- no
Non-substitutable- no
Energetic-
I am often energetic and positive, which allows those around me to associate
energy and positivity with me, and therefore, my brand.
Valuable- yes
Rare- yes
Inimitable- yes
Non-substitutable- no
Knowledgeable
about banking and financial statements- My past internship, as well as the
business classes I have taken, have made me knowledgeable about things like how
banks operate and how to read financial statements, which will give me an
advantage when planning financials and applying for loans.
Valuable- yes
Rare- no
Inimitable- no
Non-substitutable- no
Approachable-
I’m very easy to talk to and I tend to smile easily, which helps make other
people more comfortable. I get asked for directions by strangers pretty often
(even though I’m not very good at giving them) or to take pictures because I
seem friendly and helpful. This will make it easier for employees to ask me
questions without feeling intimidated or to form business relationships with
others.
Valuable- yes
Rare-yes
Inimitable- yes
Non-substitutable- yes
Strong
writing skills- Writing is naturally my stronger suit (as opposed to math) and
I have a good amount of experience in writing business correspondence.
Valuable- yes
Rare- no
Inimitable- no
Non-substitutable- no
Connections
to bankers- Due to my Mom working in banking, as well as my internship, I have
many connections to those currently working in banking, which will give me an
advantage when applying for loans or completing financial statements.
Valuable- yes
Rare- yes
Inimitable- yes
Non-substitutable- no
Conclusion:
My
top resource is being approachable. This resource is extremely important when
making new business relationships, either with those in other companies or with
employees. It’s also something that’s hard to copy or imitate if you don’t
naturally have it.
Nicole,
ReplyDeleteInteresting blog post, I have many of the same advantages myself. In fact, my most valuable asset was "ability to communicate with others," very similar to yours. It is definitely something that's hard to become good at if you don't come by it naturally, and that's why I found it to be one of my most important attributes as well.
Check out my blog post here: http://ent3003sinon.blogspot.ie/2016/03/my-unfair-advantage.html
Wow! It sounds like you've really got a good handle on your business concept. It's so good to be approachable! Definitely want people to feel like they can come to you, but also feel like investors can trust you. It's also good that you have connections in IT for the coding purposes. I think you've got some great attributes that will help your venture go far! Check out my blog!!!
ReplyDeletehttp://stent3003.blogspot.com/2016/03/my-ventures-unfair-advantage.html