Sunday, March 13, 2016

Week 9 Reading Reflection

The most surprising thing about the reading was “The Guerilla Marketing Plan” section. I had always thought of guerrilla marketing as just coming up with a clever and innovative way to market your product, but it was interesting to see how much thought and effort goes into coming up with an effective plan.

One part of the reading that was confusing to me was the pricing strategies section. They explained the concept of the sections well, but there should have been more examples so that I could relate the concept to a concrete product or service.

One question I would ask to the author is how do you know if your product is unique enough to use the skimming strategy instead of the penetration strategy?

Another question I would ask to the author is, since the consumer-driven philosophy is the most effective, why do so few companies adopt it? Is it due to price? Time?  The author didn’t really explain this.


Something I thought the author was wrong about was the 4 Cs concept. Although it’s something to think about, you can’t disregard the original 4 Ps strategy- it encompasses the things you need to think about when starting a business.

No comments:

Post a Comment