Sunday, February 21, 2016

Week 7 Reading Reflection

The biggest surprise for me in the reading was that segmentations need to be so focused and need to be changed so often. I had always thought of segmentation as very broad and very brand specific. I wouldn’t really expect the customer segment of companies to change that often, but I can see now that they are something that constantly needs to be reevaluated for effectiveness.

One part of the reading that was confusing to me was “The Way Back” section. It seemed like the author kept listing more and more questions companies needed to consider, which made me overwhelmed when reading. I felt like this section made segmentation seem like more trouble than it was worth because there were so many factors to consider.

One question I would ask the author is, what is the most important question to focus on when deciding between two different segments? Another question I would ask the author is, how should customers be segmented? Is the segmentation specific to the business or are there general categories that can be applied?


There wasn’t anything in the article that I really disagreed with, I thought he did a good job of explaining his points.

No comments:

Post a Comment