Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Elevator Pitch No. 3


Reflect: On my second elevator pitch, the feedback included that they enjoyed my confidence and that I seemed relaxed. More specifically, they liked my changed beginning and that I used a full range of motion when talking.

Change: I decided to change the ending this time, so that I could mention that app name again. After watching my previous video I realized I only said the name once, and therefore an investor could easily forget what the app was called. Repeating it at the end allows for a quick reminder of the name. Additionally I tried to use more action words and better descriptors. I also practiced a few more times before recording.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Nicole,

    An app for friends is a great idea. I like the idea of chatting with people looking for something to do on a Friday or Saturday night. However, because an app like this exists, called MeetMe, you may need to differentiate a little more. You mention the app will recommend businesses based on shared interests, which is a great idea. You could possibly go deeper with that concept to help differentiate. I had to start over because my first idea didn’t differentiate enough; you won’t have to start over because there is only one competing app I can think of.

    Your inflection, tone, and nonverbal communication is good. I also think you have a great idea. We have just one more elevator pitch and I don’t think we get feedback for it. Good luck on the last pitch!

    You can view my “Elevator Pitch No. 3” here .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicole,

    What a cute name! I really like your idea. I think a lot of times, people are looking to reach out and meet new groups of people or make new friendships. My question to you would be, are you concerned about the safety aspect of people meeting up with strangers or a 'Catfish' scenario. With bad encounters, your app can develop a bad reputation quickly. I really enjoy the core concept of your idea. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Nicole
    An app friends would be great given that a lot of people just want to meet new people and take things from their like they do when meeting people in person, having expectations for "hooking up" like on Tinder isn't the best way to foster any type of relationship between people. Really you just have to keep up with the accounts so people selling stuff, or pushing religion, or preying on people are quickly banned. Personally I want to find ways for technology to increase social interaction which overall has a ton of positive effects. My pitch is for my upcoming business AquaMarkets which uses new urban agricultural technologies to grow organic food on site cutting costs in half. http://mrdreaces.blogspot.com/2016/03/elevator-pitch-no-3.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Nicole,
    I really like your concept. When I first moved to Florida, I didn't have a job, I was awaiting to establish my residency before attending college, and I knew NOONE. I hated living in Florida becuase I was always so bored and didn't have anyone to hang out with. I think your idea is AWESOME and would be used by many, especially on college campuses and in the entire state of Florida, as there are not too many TRUE Floridians... I am a huge people person, and I love meeting new people, this would be great for me, just as it would the introvert who isn't so personable in real life. GREAT JOB!


    Check out my idea below:
    http://laurnetz027.blogspot.com/2016/03/elevator-pitch-3.html
    Video:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ySLAdgfTmA

    ReplyDelete