Sunday, January 17, 2016

Bug List

1. Taking out the trash at my apartment complex requires a half-mile walk.
There’s only one dumpster for the entire complex.
2. There aren’t enough parking spaces on the UF campus during 9am-4pm.
These are the times when most students have class, and many commute by car.
3. I never know how to dress correctly for the weather, I either wear too much or too little.
My weather app doesn’t correctly identify the weather conditions.
4. Scheduling things like what day of the week to get drinks together with my friends or hangout is difficult.
We don’t have the same class or work schedules.
5. My laptop will have low battery during class, but I won’t be near any outlets.
The battery is old and doesn’t work as well.
6. The surge pricing for Uber goes up a significant amount right after the bars close on Fridays and Saturdays.
There are a lot of people trying to use Uber at the same time.
7. Breakfast restaurants are packed on Saturday and Sunday mornings.
Many people get breakfast on the weekends because there’s no work for many people.
8. The Starbucks line at Marston takes 15-20 minutes to make a drink when it’s in between classes.
Students are trying to get coffee before class starts.
9. Library West and Marston Library don’t have enough seats during finals week.
More students than usual need to study at the same time because all the exams are in the same week.
10. My Cox wifi doesn’t work properly.
Many people are using the wifi at the same time, and Cox doesn’t have very good service.
11. My textbooks are ridiculously expensive.
Professors and publishing companies take advantage of students who must purchase the book in order to pass the class.
12. The McDonald’s on University and 13th is only drive-thru at night.
I really don’t have an answer for this, they should have it open since they lose a lot of business this way. Maybe they don’t have enough workers.
13. I can constantly hear people walking around or talking outside my apartment.
The walls in my apartment are very thin.
14. All of my favorite TV shows are on at the same time.
Certain time slots are more popular for TV viewers, so different channels want to attract the most viewers at the same time.
15. Avocados are extremely hard to cut open and slice.
The outside skin is very thick.
16. My lipstick wears off after eating or drinking.
The formula doesn’t adhere well to skin.
17. People who cut me off while I’m driving.
They don’t know where they are going or are bad drivers.
18. My car is washed and clean, then two days later it’s dirty again.
Pollen accumulates on the car, and the white color makes it easy to see all the dirt.
19. My printer isn’t printing everything on the page, even though I just replaced the ink.
The hardware of the printer is malfunctioning.
20. My new shirt shrunk in the dryer.
The craftsmanship of the shirt is poor and I left it in the dryer for too long.

Reflection
I found it really difficult to come up with 20 items for this list, even though I think I complain a lot. It’s hard to analyze everything throughout your day and think of ways that it could be improved, or what is the root cause of what’s annoying you. I also realized how stupid some of the things that “bug” me are. It made me more grateful for the life I have.

4 comments:

  1. I think you came up with 20 good "bugs" in which I can agree with a few of them. It is annoying that some of the best TV shows are on at the same time, the prices of textbook are ridiculously expensive, and Uber prices rising after bars closing. I also found it difficult to come up with my list but I am glad it made you feel more grateful for the life you have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://henrycastillojr.blogspot.com/2016/01/bug-list.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed reading your list, I feel that you put some real thought into them. I also had a lot of difficulty coming up with 20 things. Although you may feel some of the things you came up with are "stupid", a lot of people share them and it should be seen as an opportunity to solve a problem for many people. Some of the most profitable ventures started with a "stupid" inconvenience that needed solving.

    ReplyDelete
  4. https://mcardle526.wordpress.com/2016/01/17/bug-list/

    ReplyDelete