1. Clean water.
2. Climate change.
3. ISIS.
4. Renewable energy.
5. Nuclear proliferation.
I think clean water is the biggest problem for our world because it’s something that affects every part of our world. Humans, animals, plants, the ecosystem as a whole, almost everything needs water to survive, and it’s important that the water is clean. It’s easy to ignore a problem like this because it’s not as if the world will run out of clean water tomorrow, but we need to be proactive in making sure the problem does not become even worse.
Ranked Solutions
1. Make renewable energy options cheaper and more convenient to use.
2. Enact stricter pollution laws.
3. Provide education on warning signs of human trafficking and enact zero tolerance laws for human trafficking.
4. Sending educators to countries that don’t have education systems and talk to educators on how to improve our own education system.
5. Create an invention that would allow ocean water to be clean enough to drink.
I think making renewable energy options cheaper and more convenient is the most implementable solution because the base technology is already there. It’s simply a matter of presenting the technology in a more consumer-friendly manner. If things such as solar panels were more convenient and affordable for the average consumer, there could be a hugely positive impact on the environment.
Hi Nicole! I also included water on my original list. It is such a simple need, and it really upsets me that not everyone has access to clean water. I'm glad we are passionate about the same cause. I thought your perspective about solar panels was very insightful. If it was more affordable for the common man, it would be very beneficial for everyone. Great post! Feel free to check out mine: http://rachelecarter.blogspot.com/2016/01/top-5-world-problems.html
ReplyDeleteNicole,
ReplyDeleteI also believe that not having access to clean water is a major problem. The only difference for it is that I believe there is a better solution like maybe getting different organizations to volunteer in these countries and create wells for drinking water throughout the country. I agree with you that making renewable energy options cheaper and more convenient is the most implementable solution because the base technology is already there.
----- Come Check Out My Blog : gatorjason.blogspot.com ------