I learned from this failure to, first, manage my time better. Sometimes I wouldn't interview people because I felt I was under too much of a time crunch. Additionally, I learned that I need to look ahead at assignments instead of waiting until the last minute. Finally, I learned that I just need to commit to interviewing people and see it as a necessary part of perfecting my idea, and that people are more likely to be helpful than not.
I really hate to fail. I think especially now, with technology like Facebook or Instagram, failure can be especially hard to deal with. Scrolling through your news feed, it seems like everyone is succeeding and you're the only one failing. Usually when I fail, I take some time after to work on improving some aspect of myself, whether that be reading more books, finding a new hobby, or trying some healthier recipes. I think this helps, since you know that even if you failed at one aspect in your life, you're succeeding in another. This class hasn't really changed my perspective on failure, though I may be slightly more inclined to take small risks.
Hey Nicole! I just wanted to say that I hope you can change your mindset about the idea of failing! All "failure" is is an element of contrast to what we actually do want. And being made aware of this contrast helps us create what we really do want. So for me, this is such a trivial example, but I tried to do my own nails for an event and they turned out horrendous, and like you said you scroll through your newsfeed to check out what everyone else is doing and compare yourself. I also compared myself to my brilliant, nail friend who is blessed in that department. Haha. Well, this just gave me a chance to say hey, I want to be good at doing my own nails. And next time, I was in the right mindset about it, and they turned out SOOO much better. A good mindset is key and failure wont even be a worry in your mind :) Check out my post here:http://analeisent3003.blogspot.com/2016/04/celebrating-failure-week-13.html
ReplyDeleteHey Nicole,
ReplyDeleteGreat post! You definitely kept me intrigued and reading. I think the thing about failure is that when it's blown out of proportion, it can ruin you. As if the thing you failed at was bad enough, now you have to deal with this sense of failure and for that, it's kind of like a double whammy. That being said, once you fail enough times you get back on your feet quicker and get used to the fact that failing is just the opposite of trying hard enough. It doesn't mean life is over, you need to keep trying!
Please see my failure post here: http://sadokh.blogspot.com/2016/04/celebrating-failure.html
Thanks,
sadok