1) A discussion of your general approach and strategy to search engine optimiation (SEO). What were some of the activities you did for each blog post to pursue SEO?
Some of the things that enhanced my SEO was labeling each post with the suggested tags and titles. Also, the use of Youtube videos made it more appealing for viewers and helped get extra visits to my YouTube page. I also titled my blog ENT3003 since that was the name of the class.
2) What were your keywords. How did you select those keywords? Did you change or refine your keywords through the semester?
I made sure the title of my blog was ENT3003 because it was the name of the class and so that other students could easily find it if they Googled the class name. I didn't really change my keyword throughout the semester.
3) How did you use social media to enhance your SEO efforts? What your your surprises or general impression of using social media to improve your blog's profile? Was social media generally receptive of your blog, or did it get ignored?
My YouTube channel definitely enhanced my SEO efforts. I don't have many people who pay attention to my YouTube page in the first place, but I still think it helped enhance my SEO efforts because it allowed me to promote myself on another social media platform.
4) What was your most "viral" post? In other words, which post obtained the most traffic? Why do you think?
My most viral post was the "Free Money" post. I think this post received the most views because it included many videos, which people are always interested in. Additionally, the videos were short, so it didn't require that much of the viewer's time.
5) Finally, did you make it to the first page of Google results for your keywords? If not, what page of results did you make it to?
No, I didn't make it to the first page of results. After looking through 20 pages of Google results I gave up. I should have used a greater variety keywords and labeled more of my posts "ENT3003" so that my blog would show up more often.
This kitten and I are disappointed I didn't make the first Google results page.
Hello Nicole, First I am sorry about your cat and effort of looking for yourself. I hope that one day you are found, just kidding. I really enjoyed reading your post. I hope that with more post if you continue to post on this blog you have more success. On thing that I did was I made sure to google my self a bunch of times. This help me because the more times you are searched the better your and easier your blog will be found. Anyway you should check out my blog
ReplyDeletehttp://fernspeaks3493.blogspot.com/