Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Elevator Pitch No. 1


The idea for an app is called Amico (the Italian word for friend). This app would function similar to a Tinder for friends. The opportunity I saw was that there are no app services for people who want to make friends with those who have similar interests in their area. It can be hard to make friends, especially when moving to a new city. The solution to this problem is an easy matching service where users share a short paragraph and a few main interests and then "match" with other users in their area.

3 comments:

  1. Hello Nicole,

    This is such an interesting idea to me. We live in a society where people want to make friends but struggle because of how private everyone is. By using technology to connect people with similar interests, I think it would allow society to open up more. I could also see this being used for sports recreation recruiting on campus - For example, I could fill out which team I play for an what my interests are and I could match with people based on their interests to get them to come out and play.

    If you get the chance, go check out my idea at this link: http://flgatorblogging.blogspot.com/2016/02/elevator-pitch-no-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Nicole, I think your app idea is really interesting and could definitely work. So many social services are now app based and I think one where you can actually meet real people and make new friends could really take off. You did a great job in your delivery! If you want, you can check out my elevator pitch at http://tristansentblog.blogspot.com/2016/02/elevator-pitch-no1.html.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicole, That is a very interesting idea. I do think that an app like that can be a success. After watching your video the first thing that came to mind was New York City. I have had several friends who moved to the city and they all said that you feel really small in such a large city and that it can be difficult to find your niche of friends. This can be a great way for people to meet and for advertisers to be able to promote directly to their target group. I wish you the best of luck.

    ReplyDelete