Sunday, April 24, 2016

Final Reflection

1) Read through your blog from this semester. Recall all of the experiences you've had a long the way -- the highs, the lows -- the fun moments, and the moments of drudgery, and even the moments of dread.
Looking through my blog, I was surprised at how many posts I had written- I had gotten a lot done in terms of this class throughout the semester.

2) What sticks out to you as the most formative experience? The experience that you'll remember years later? What was your most joyous experience? What experience are you most proud of yourself for accomplishing?
Something that I'll remember from this class is having to go up to people I didn't know and not only talk to and engage them, but convince them to be recorded on video (many people feel uncomfortable being recorded by a stranger). Especially on the "Free Money" exercise, it was hard to do because I couldn't explain that it was for a class. I was proud of myself for accomplishing that exercise because it took me so far out of my comfort zone.

3) At the beginning of the semester, I mentioned that I wanted each of you to develop an entrepreneurial mindset. And we repeated the mantra -- I am an entrepreneur. Now, at the end, do you see yourself as an entrepreneur? Do you think you have moved closer to developing an entrepreneurial mindset?
While I still don't personally see myself as an entrepreneur, I feel it's much more of a possible career move I might make sometime in the future than when I started. I had always thought that an entrepreneur was a very specific type of person but now I realize how wide of a range of people choose to become entrepreneurs. 

4) What is the one recommendation you would make to the students who are going to journey down this path in the future? What would you recommend they do to perform best in this course? What would you recommend they do to foster that mindset?
Future students should definitely not underestimate this course just because it's all online and there are no exams. You have to constantly check what assignments are coming up, because there are A LOT of assignments. Additionally, everything is due at 9 instead of midnight, so everything has to be done earlier rather than later. The best mindset to have in this class is "just do it." Even if it seems uncomfortable or unnecessary, it will help you become a better entrepreneur. 



3 comments:

  1. Hey Nicole!
    I definitely agree, the free money was the hardest yet most rewarding exercise for me. I definitely will not forget doing that assignment for a long time. I also agree with your thought process that even though you may not be an entrepreneur right now, it is definitely a possibility in the future. I hope your passion for entrepreneurship continues! Here is the link to my final reflection. http://adventuresofentrepreneurship.blogspot.com/2016/04/final-reflection.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Nicole, first off cool gif. Lol I wasn't expecting to see Europe on these posts. I agree with your advice to new students. Especially the warning about due times being at 9pm instead of midnight. That had me irritated all semester long but it was a good motivator to come home from work and get to work right away on HW. Great job on your post and also on completing ENT3003. I wish you well for the rest of your time at UF. Here is a link to my blog. Please check it out if you get the time.
    http://dcbostwick.blogspot.com/2016/04/final-reflection-week-15.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really liked your post and think that you did a good job. You are right the amount of posts that we did is surprisingly high, and recording the interviews was the most uncomfortable part of the class. I agree that not underestimating that amount of work required for this course.
    Here is a link to my blog if you would like to take a look at it.
    http://wjkms.blogspot.com/2016/04/final-reflection.html

    ReplyDelete